The opportunity for leadership in your practice is not restricted by anyone’s position or decision making authority. Leadership represents an opportunity for all staff members to grow as individuals and contribute value to the workplace.
Key attributes of leadership and self management include:
- The ability to maintain focus towards goals and objectives.
- A commitment to maintaining high expectations of self and others.
- Consistency and follow through – service and systems.
- Keeping ones' word – following through with promises or commitments.
- Acknowledgement and correction of mistakes.
- Demonstrating initiative - solving problems vs. complaining or waiting for others to fix them.
- Demonstrating honesty and responsibility in dealing with issues or concerns.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility for ones’ conduct and influence on the workplace.