It is very easy to get caught up in focusing on problem areas and what is not working in the day to day delivery of treatment, service and care to patients. For practices that want to achieve high levels of success, it is critically important that you find the time to notice and regularly acknowledge one another for the things that are working in your practice. Make an effort to notice and report the positives that are going on all around you:
- Great examples of treatment, service and care.
- Patient compliments – how patient responded to treatment, service or care.
- How well a problem situation was handled.
- Extra effort or support provided by team members to one another.
- Great process or system follow through.
- Job well done.
- Completion or finalization of an important project or accomplishment.
This can be done in team meetings, at the end of your day or at any time an opportunity presents itself. A little positive reinforcement can go a long way.